How do I see what is currently playing on my TV?
Press the OK button on your remote.
How do I search for a program?
- Press the Search key (left navigation arrow) on the remote. Choose New Search to open a search window and enter a title or partial title to search for. After entering text, press the Yellow button to Search. From the results, you are able to schedule a recording by pressing the Record button. Follow the on-screen prompts.
- In the browse menu, History will show you the last 18 searches that were performed. To save a search, highlight it and press the Green button. A small yellow star will appear in front of the search.
- While viewing the Guide, select the desired program using the navigation arrows. Press the Yellow button. This will perform a full title search and display all instances of that title within the Guide. From the results, you are able to schedule a recording by pressing the Record button. Follow the on-screen prompts.
The picture on my TV seems small.
It is possible that your TV was set to 4x3 resolution and got switched to 16 x9. To check that setting:
Menu | Setting | Display | TV Type
If you choose to switch to the other setting, you will be shown what the TV screen will look like and you can accept or cancel the changes.
Changing between conversion modes on Standard Definition channels and/or shows:
As you are viewing live TV, you can use the * key on the remote control (next to the zero key) to switch between Original Size, Fit to Screen and Zoom.
My remote control will control my TV but not my STB.
If you have an ADB brand STB, you will need to code over your remote to ADB. Click here for code over instructions.
My remote doesn't seem to be working.
The LED will flash once when a button is pressed. If the batteries need replacing, the LED will flash twice when a button is pressed.
My TV does not turn on with the remote.
Press TV, then Power. Go to our remotes page and follow the "Remote Programming Instructions" if you need to reprogram Master Power on your remote.
My TV screen says "Press the OK button to view TV"
Press the OK button to sync your TV and STB Power modes.
I want my DVR STB to stay powered on so I can rewind on the current channel when I get home, but it keeps shutting off when I press the Power button on my remote.
Press the TV button and then the Power button. This shuts off the TV, but not the STB.
How much "live" TV does my DVR store?
You can rewind live TV on the current channel up to 2 hours. If you have changed channels, it only will rewind back to the time that you changed the channel. For example, if your DVR was on channel 15 for the past 4 hours, you will be able to rewind a full 2 hours back in time on channel 15. If you changed the channel from channel 15 to channel 22 ten minutes ago, you will only be able to rewind ten minutes on channel 22.
How long can I pause live TV on my DVR?
Pressing Pause will pause live TV for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes it will automatically start playing from where it was paused.
An "error tuning" message is displayed on my TV.
This indicates a netowrk problem. Check the connections on the back of the STB, and if they are all inserted snugly, contact NDTC for assistance.
How do I reset my Amino STB?
If you are experiencing any of the following issues, you may need to reset your STB:
To reset the STB:
- Black screen but the info bar and guide can be seen
- The TV picture is tiling or pixelating
- TV is stuck on one channel
- Channel(s) are missing or not working
- Video & audio do not match up
Unplug the black power cord located on the back of the STB or unplug it from the electrical power source and plug it back in. The Set-Top Box will cycle through the entire start-up process. This may take up to 10 minutes. If resetting the STB did not resolve the issue, please call NDTC as a technician may need to be called.
Black Screen, Blue Screen or Snowy Screen
If you are experiencing any of the above issues follow the directions below:
- Make sure the TV is on channel 3 or 4 (either use channel buttons on the TV or use the TV remote that came with the TV & press 03 or 04). If the problem persists proceed to the next step.
- Check your TV input to make sure it is set on the correct input to receive the TV signal. (You will need the TV remote that came with the TV.)
Changing the Input on your TV varies depending on your brand of TV; please try the following:
- Using the remote that came with your TV, look for a button with one of the following names or something similar:
- Or on the NDTC remote, locate the input key (far lower left button on the backlit remote, or far lower right button on the big button remote)
- Press this button until your picture returns. Depending on your TV, it may cycle through available inputs or display a menu with a choice of inputs. The inputs often have names such as Video 1 and Video 2, HDMI 1 or Comp (Component).
Remote not responding.
- Change the batteries (2-AA batteries are needed)
- Reset the STB, by unplugging the black power cord located on the back of the STB for a few seconds.
- If you have more than one TV, check the other remote to see if it will change channels on the STB that is not responding. If that also doesn't work, then the box may need to be replaced.
How can I view just the channels I am subscribed to?
Press the Guide button to view the on-screen program guide and then press the Fav button (below the white 'On Demand' button). When the "Favorites Lists" menu is displayed, use the Up/Down buttons to scroll to All, Subscribed, Movie, Sports, Music, Entertainment or Kids Channels, and any lists that you have created.
How many hours of programming will my DVR record?
The total number of hours of recording will depend on the mix of standard definition and high definition programs you record. On average you area ble to record 80 hours of standard definition programming and 18 hours of high definition programming. To determine how full the DVR hard drive is, press the Menu button on your remote, select Recordings, then Current. The % stored is viewable at the top of the screen.
How do I turn on (or off) closed captioning?
Press the Menu button on your remote, select Settings, then Display. Use the Right button on the Closed Captioning field to change it to "On", then use the up and down arrow buttons to move to Save at the bottom of the menu and press OK.
Uses for the USB port on the STB?
No applications are currently available for this port. The STB manufacturer is in the process of developing applications, however, no details or release dates have been announced. You will be notified of any upgrades to the STBs.
Why are there black bars on my new widescreen TV?
This does not indicate a problem with your TV, nor with your service. Basically, the image you want to watch isn't the same shape as your TV, so the bars allow you to enjoy the image the way it was intended to be viewed.
Because there isn't really a simple answer, the best explanation for these black, sometimes grey, bars on your HDTV are found in the following links. Each one of these links offers a different way to explain the bars, HDTV and aspect ratios.
High Definition Blog - Defining High Definition
HD 101: Why there are black bars on HDTVs
HighDef Forum - Bars, Bars and More Bars